BENTLEY PARISH COUNCIL
A vacancy has arisen on Bentley Parish Council for the office of Parish Councillor and will be filled by means of co-option.
If you are interested in becoming a Parish Councillor please send an e-mail/letter to the Clerk giving some information about yourself and confirming your eligibility for the position of Parish Councillor within the Statutory Rules – see below.
Applications will be considered at the next suitable Parish Council Meeting
ELIGIBILITY OF CANDIDATES - The Parish Council is able to consider any person to fill a vacancy provided that:
- he/she is 18 or over; and
- he/she is a British citizen, a qualifying Commonwealth citizen or a citizen of any other member state of the European Union; and at least one of the following apply:
- he/she is an elector for the Parish and continues to be an elector; or
- has resided in the Parish for the past twelve months or rented/tenanted land in the Parish; or
- has had his/her principal or only place of work in the Parish for the past twelve months; or
- has lived within three miles of the Parish for the past twelve months.
There are certain disqualifications for being a Parish Councillor, of which the main are (see s80 of the Local Government Act 1972):
- holding a paid office or employment under the Parish Council;
- having been sentenced to a term of imprisonment (whether suspended or not) of not less than three months, without the option of a fine during the preceding five years; or
- being disqualified under any enactment relating to corrupt or illegal electoral practices.
Joy Scott – Clerk
Whites Cottage, Heath Road, East Bergholt CO7 6RJ
E-mail: email@example.com – Telephone: 01206 298174