Constable Country Medical Practice – Practice Update August 2020
As we head into autumn is vital that we continue with the measures which have been in place for the last few months to protect both staff and patients from Covid-19.
Our primary objective at the practice is to minimise the need for patients to come to the practice at all, but if they need to then to minimise the risk. Here is a summary of the measures we have put in place:
- If possible, submit any medical or admin query via our online eConsult service. We aim to respond to all eConsults within 2 working days.
- If you cannot use eConsult or if your need is urgent, our receptionists will place you on a triage list and one of our doctors or nurse practitioners will call you back.
- If you need to come to the practice, the clinician will ask you to wait in your car with your mobile. The clinician will call you when they are ready to see you.
- You must tell us if you are experiencing any Covid-19 symptoms such as fever, a new cough, or loss of taste and smell.
- Please wear a mask or wrap a scarf around you face when you come to the practice, and sanitise your hands.
Please be assured that you can contact us if you feel you need to speak to a clinician about any health concerns you may have. If you have concerns regarding the health of vulnerable patients, please inform us.
We will operate our flu vaccination programme very differently this year. All flu vaccinations will be by appointment only. We will commence vaccinations at the end of September and aim to complete them by the end of November. We will be sending out invite letters to all eligible patients through this period, initially to vulnerable patients and patients with medical conditions that put them at risk.
The letter will contain full instructions but essentially patients will contact the practice to book an appointment. They must not attend for the appointment more than 5 minutes early, and must follow strict guidelines regarding entering and exiting the building, hand sanitising, and wearing of face masks/coverings. This will enable us to deliver vaccinations efficiently and safely.
Thank you for you continued support and co-operation.